New Garden Beds

April 13 -

My husband is in the middle of building me new 4X4s (qty 4) and now a 5X7 (qty 1).  I originally wanted a 3X5 and he talked me out of it so now I will have 99 Square Feet to garden in.

My other beds were about 12 inches deep and these are 15 inches deep so I will have to get a yard of dirt to get these filled.

As soon as he placed these two in the backyard it started snowing so it will be a little while before my yard dries out enough for me to move dirt back there.


Look how amazing these beds are.  My old beds had the posts in the inside which messed up some of my squares.  I'm waiting for him to notch the tops somehow so that I can use one long string to grid out my beds.  Last year I drilled a screw every foot and then hand tied a string from one side to the next.  I hated doing that plus at the end of the season you want to turn your soil and add amendments so you have to remove the grid.  I'm thinking his idea will make it easier.

Some people make a wood grid and lie it in the bed but to me it looks as if he takes some of our real estate away.  Maybe not?


No comments:

Post a Comment