Bok Choy - Planting 3 of 6

February 21st

Planted five Bok Choy today using the rapid rooter plugs I only need four but am planting an extra just in case.  My first planting has one plant that is growing pretty slow and another that's turning yellow.

You can see the two on the right are growing strong and the ones on the left, not so much.
See how yellow one of them are?  Do you think if I keep adding fertilizer to it that it would green up?  Why would plants grown in the exact same environment turn out so different from one another?  Is this typical? (Yes, I ask a lot of questions...it's in my nature) I guess these are things you learn through the process.
Even the leaf is getting crispy-fried.


Look how beautiful the one next to it is.
I read that if Bok Choy turns yellow that it needs nitrogen fertilizer.  I don't know what to use?  I have some of that blue-powdered Miracle Grow (not organic so I need to figure out something) and made a batch at half the recommended strength.

Since these are still pretty young, I was afraid to give it full strength.  Let's see if it makes a difference.

I also transplanted all four of the first planting into small containers since I was starting to see the roots come through the netting of the peat pellets.

I first cut the netting off then planted with my favorite soil: roots organic.


Ingredients: are the ingredients:

Coco fiber, peat moss, perlite, pumice, premium worm castings, bat guano, kelp, fish bone meal, soy bean meal, feather meal, greensand, leonardite, and alfalfa meal.       

No comments:

Post a Comment