Confused...is it a Celery or a Cabbage?

February 21 -

So I only planted one celery and one cabbage.  Just one of each...and now I have NO idea which is which.  I didn't mark them and I thought I would remember.  So always remember to mark your plants no matter how confident you are that you will remember.

I planted them on February 14th and today is the 21st and neither one has germinated.  I had them on the heat mat and I'm wondering if it's just too hot for them so I moved them off the mat.

I ended up opening up the soil in both and one of them has a little root...not sure which one??  I'm guessing that tomorrow or the next day I should see something poke its head out.

I read that celery was the hardest to germinate so I'm going to assume that it's the cabbage that's coming up.

I decided to plant 2 celery today:  one in the peat pellet and one in the rapid rooter plug.  I want to see which one works best.  I am not placing on the heat mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment