My 2012 Garden

I decided to blog so that I can keep track of what went right and what went wrong with my garden.  Last year was the first time I ever had a garden.  I traveled most of last summer so it wasn't as successful as it could have been.  This year I plan on being home so I'm really excited.

My plan is to start everything from seed, then take to the garden, then eat or can.

How cool would that be to can tomato sauce from a seed!

I don't know about you, but I'm up for the challenge.

I borrowed this light from a friend.  It's a basic shop light with T12 bulbs.  From what I've read, I really want T5s...maybe next year.

I planted 2 Long Purple Eggplant, 2 Habanero Peppers, 2 Anaheim Peppers, 2 California Wonder Peppers, 4 Jalapeno Peppers, 2 Hungarian Wax Peppers, 2 Fresno (home town) Chili Peppers, and 2 French Rosemary plants.

In two weeks I will plant my remaining indoor seeds...the rest of my seeds I'll plant directly into the garden.

I planted them in this tree bark material called Rapid Rooter...it looks like a sponge.

Right now the seeds are taking up 20 spots out of the 98 spots in the dome which is sitting on top of a heat mat.

I have the lights set to turn on at 5:00 a.m. and turn off at 9:00 p.m., this gives them 16 hours of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment