Transplanted Eggplants and Peppers



I went to the grow store and they told me I need this stuff??  Was I sucker?  LOL  It's supposed to: (from website) increases plant biomass and yield by up to 300%. Xtreme Gardening® MYKOS (mycorrhizae) is a beneficial soil fungus that facilitates the breaking-down and transporting of nutrients to plant roots.

MYKOS increases the availability of both the moisture and nutrients required for plant growth and connects many of the microbes in healthy soil to host plants. With one application, MYKOS is capable of transforming an ordinary garden into something Xtreme! 


I also bought these 4-inch pots.


Then I bought roots organics. 


Here are the ingredients:


Coco fiber, peat moss, perlite, pumice, premium worm castings, bat guano, kelp, fish bone meal, soy bean meal, feather meal, greensand, leonardite, and alfalfa meal.                     
I'm not sure of my plants were ready transplant since they are just now (27 days since planted) growing their first set of true leaves.  I transplanted them because the roots were growing through the bottom of my rooter plugs.

I put the soil down, then the mykos, then set the plug on top of the mykos.

I placed all of the pots in a large plastic container which I poured water into.

I also had to add a second set of fluorescents (two additional 4-foot bulbs) since my indoor garden space is expanding.
The peppers and eggplants no longer have their heat mat since it's under the tomatoes and herbs.  I have an electric blanket which I might put under the plastic tub???
I have so many things plugged in.  I have two shop lights, fan, and a heat mat.  Do I really want to add an electric blanket?  I'll take their temperature tomorrow afternoon to see if they need it.

You can see my tomatoes and herbs next to the large plastic tray which holds the peppers and eggplants.

Half of the plugs were never used...total waste of space.  I'll know next year.

Here is a close up of the tomatoes and herbs.  These were planted on March 14th (12 days ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment