Peas - June 12th-24th

My first harvest - I'm not sure if the harvest increases through the season or if this is it.  I have two squares planted which equates to 16 plants


Blanching for 90 Seconds

Icing for 90 seconds
Drying before freezing.
Well after freezing these and then using in a stir fry a week later, I discovered that a lot of the pods were stringy.  I decided to find my seed packet to ensure the type of peas I planted.  They are Frosty peas not snow peas!!  LOL  these are shelling peas.  Oops.

Every other day I've been picking, shelling, blanching, icing, the freezing this amount of peas.  It's going to take until the end of the season for my family to have one meal.  Everything I research says I should have plenty.  We will see.

Here's how many peas I have now - June 24th.  This is a small jar.  My plants keep giving me the same amount of peas every other day.  Maybe I should have planted eight squares instead of two squares???

No comments:

Post a Comment