April 28th - Starting the Hardening off Process

I'm about to move my tomatillo from my 16 ounce solo cup to a Starbucks 24 ounce cup.  The tomatillos are growing pretty tall so I wanted to bury them a little bit deeper.
Look at those roots!  I have no idea if they look good or bad.  It looks good to me but someone who knows better might say it's root bound.
I put some dirt in the bottom of the cup in case the roots needed more room and I buried a little bit of the stem.  See the difference...yeah, I know, not much.  At least it's in a designer cup now instead of a party cup.  I like that I can see the roots.  I'm wondering if it's bad to have the roots exposed to light.
I wonder too much.
About 20 minutes in the sun, my plants start to wilt.  They are not enjoying moving out of their cozy environment into the outside world.

1 comment: