Finally: My celery germinated!

March 8 -

I thought I would never get the celery to germinate.  I can't remember the day it came up but it was probably March 6th and I planted on February 14th.


For my second planting on February 28th, I soaked a bunch of celery seeds in water and placed it on the heat mat for 24 hours.  I took MANY seeds (which are the size of a flea's poop) and put half in a peat pellet and half in my favorite rapid rooter tree bark plugs.

Yesterday one germinated in the peat pellet and I see nothing in the plug.  I can't believe how fast this one germinated as compared to the first planting.

I started soaking more seeds today for my final planting.  I'm thinking I will use the peat pellet for the celery.  I'm thinking since the seeds are so tiny they do better in this environment than the large hole in the plug.


No comments:

Post a Comment