Figured out how to Germinate Celery

March 23 -

So apparently celery is the hardest plant to germinate and I do have to admit that I struggled more with these plants than any other.  I thought Rosemary was tough last year.

I ran every kind of test you could think of and finally I got something that works and it's super easy.

Use peat pellets, sprinkle several seeds on top, keep misted, keep dome 2-3 days after you see at least one plant germinate,  and keep on a meat mat.

Don't cover the seeds with soil, don't use plugs, use a mister not anything else to water.

Planting 1 of 3 - I love the shape of these leaves


Planting 2 of 3 - 




Planting 3 of 3 - It's hard to tell from this picture.  I probably should have placed something in the picture so you could understand just how small these plants are.  With the naked eye, they are like thick  hairs.



















Top view of all three plantings


Side view so you can see how tall they are getting.  It's hard to believe these will be vessels for snacking on peanut butter this summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment