Basil Planting

March 14 -

Basil acts as a natural pest repellent for so many things so I'm growing several basil plants to place between plants for the purpose of repelling insects.  I only have 1 square that I'm using for harvest.  Now that I think about it, I probably should give that square up and place something else in there?

I planted 5 of the Italian Basil and trust me, once 1 plant takes off, 1 is plenty for a family of 4 and we eat a lot of basil.


I have never seen purple basil.  I received these seeds at the Spring Symposium so I plan on placing these in my front yard around my flowers.  Everything in front is pretty much green so it will be nice to have a contrasting color that also repels bugs and I can eat it if I want.  :)

I planted 5 of the Opal Basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment